Cleaning services have become an essential part of the corporate world. Maintaining a clean and tidy environment at the office is essential for any business and doing so greatly impacts a company’s success. Ironically, we tend not to give as much consideration to maintaining sanitation at the workplace as we would at our homes. However, you may need to reconsider this notion.
We do spend the majority of our time in the workplace; it practically becomes our second home. Even more, sanitation at the workplace portrays your image onto your customers and clients and therefore maintaining a clean, neat and tidy workplace should not be an afterthought but a priority. The productivity of workers is also greatly jeopardized in a messy workplace and greatly enhanced in a clean and tidy environment.
In the next few minutes, we’ll run through some useful tips on office cleaning that you can implement daily in your workplace in between visits from your cleaning service.
Later, we will look at factors you should consider in choosing the ideal cleaning service for your company and how best to prepare your office for a cleaning service.
Useful tips for office cleaning
Employees can take the initiative to have their desks in order. A workstation littered and messy with papers and files jeopardizes the employee’s productivity and hence yours as a company.
– Loose papers should be organized and preferably put in filing cabinets or desk trays.
– Archiving old documents that you may not need in the near future
– Even better, consider scanning these documents for electronic storage and convenience
– Regularly empty the waste buckets; after that, clean in and around the buckets preferably with a disinfectant, so they don’t accumulate dirt and cause a stench.
– Consider having a bigger waste bucket at the office area, so you get to empty it less frequently
Washrooms are one of the most frequented areas in the office, and hence caution needs to be taken to maintain a sanitary environment there.
– Regularly replace toilet tissue and disinfectant soap
– Sweep and mop restroom floors daily floors
– The toilets bowl needs to be scrubbed using disinfectant. Also, wipe the toilet seats and surrounding circumference with a disinfectant
3. Public area
The public area is naturally a very important as it the first area from which your clients, customers, and prospects interact with your company
– Mop or vacuum the floor daily
– Dust the seats and tables daily with a moist cloth
– Tidy up waiting table. If you have them; organize the magazines, brochures or newspapers. Also, disperse off old or torn material
– Dust the windows, vents or hanging picture frames. Wipe any spots off the walls.
– If you have indoor plants, gently dust them with a moist cloth
4. Break room, tea room, dining room
Naturally, the break room is an essential part of your company in which maximum sanitation needs to be maintained. Otherwise, you risk jeopardizing the health of your employees.
– Keep the refrigerator clean, throw out any old food
– Clean the microwave daily because overtime the mess hardens and becomes difficult to clean
– Regularly wash the hand and drying towels
Considerations To Make When Choosing A Cleaning Service
Here are some factors you should have in mind when you eventually decide to hire a cleaning service to whom you can outsource the burden of maintaining a sanitary workspace so you and your employees can focus on the core aspects of your business.
1. Company size and requirements;
In deciding what cleaning service to go for, you need to consider your company size and hence the requirements it commands.
– Consider the number of visitors you receive and in what frequency. Do you have public washrooms that your visitors use or rather private ones for staff only?
– Is your company a small firm of 5 people, or do you employ over 50 people? Does the cleaning service you intend to hire possess the capability in human resource and equipment to provide the service you require?
2. Price Quote;
Of course this goes without saying, and is an important factor in choosing the ideal cleaning service. You want to settle for the service that meets your budget delivers and delivers maximum service within it.
– Get quotes from the cleaning services within your locality indicating what the service entails
– Pay attention to whether the quoted price includes the cost of supplies or if that is that is an extra cost to you.
3. Proof of insurance;
You need to know that the cleaning service is insured. You need to ascertain that you hold no liability in the event that the service provider’s employees get hurt or injured while working at your premises.
– The cleaning service has to have this liability fully covered by in their insurance policy.
4. Reputation and experience;
In choosing the ideal cleaning service provider, basing on price alone may be misleading especially if it isn’t coupled with an initiative on your part to ascertain the competence of the service provider you intend to hire.
– The company with experience is, of course, more favorable. You would expect them to have the ability for instance to reimburse you should they tamper with any of your equipment
– Even more, the company with more experience will, as a result, be more competent around your equipment
– Ask for references so you can get testimonials from former clients. If the company is confident of is service, they shouldn’t mind providing this.
How to Prepare Your Office for Service Cleaning
– Communicate to all stuff and inform them about the scheduled cleaning
– Emphasize any special request to the cleaning service. Point out any special problem areas or places you would like the focus to be during the process.
– De-clutter the office to enable smooth operation by the cleaner, especially by clearing the litter on the workspaces or desks as we discussed earlier.
– Remove any obstructions that may limit the cleaner. Especially if there are any particular difficult spots, you would want them to access.
– Keep away anything delicate, useful or valuable that may be lying in the path of the cleaners
– If you get into a long-term contract with the cleaner, give prompt feedback after the service, especially about what you were no happy about, to ensure better served next time around.
So there you have it. A few useful tips to help maintain a sanitary office choose the right office cleaning service and prepare your office for a cleaning.
Remember, clean and neat office enhances the productivity and hence success of your company or small business.