Your toilet can often than not be a major cause of much embarrassment if you do not take the necessary measures to ensure that it is always clean. However, sometimes you may find that despite how regular and vigorous you scrub this integral household component, a bad smell can still emanate from it that quite naturally baffles you.
Should you be tired of having to go through such harrowing experiences. Most especially when it comes to constantly worrying what impression guests to your home have of you, the following are some handy tips on how to effectually remove such odours.
– To begin with the constant wet state of your loo contributes significantly to its unseemly odour. This is because such a state of affairs is very conducive to the growth of mould and bacteria, which of course let off a bad smell after a very short period of time. To deal with this issue make it a habit to flush your loo every time you use it, even if it is just a short call.
– On the other hand, unlike what some individuals like to think, the cleaning of the toilet does not end with just vigorously scrubbing its interior. In fact most odours usually originate from its exterior and its immediate surroundings.
– Always pay close attention to the outside of the bowl, the cement base as well as the floor beneath it. All of which can easily absorb urine, depending on the traffic your toilet receives, and also if you have young children. To eliminate such problems it is advisable to utilize a strong bleach solution and a firm sponge to thoroughly wipe these areas clean.
– Sometimes the exact cleaning products you may be employing might not be potent enough to eliminate the bad smell from this critical region of your home. In other occasions some cleaning products may contain ingredients that themselves have unseemly odours. It is very important to double check on these two issues the next time you shop for products that can remove the odours from your loo.
– A good alternative that you may like to try and can never disappoint if you are not sure on the ideal toilet cleaning products happen to be products that are formulated from natural ingredients. Or even homemade solutions that you can concoct using DIY methods. This includes baking soda, citrus, vinegar, lavender and so on. Most of these substances are widely acclaimed for possessing strong pleasant scents that can effortlessly mask the bad smell that can be emanating from this region of your home.
– Another factor that can play a leading role in enhancing the unwholesome odours that originate from your toilet is ineffectual ventilation. A stuffy, unventilated loo will most definitely stink to the high heavens. While one that enjoy unlimited circulation of clean and fresh air will always have a tolerable smell under any circumstance. To this end, always make sure that the windows in this room are in excellent working order at all times. As well as keep the door slightly open when the toilet is not in use.
– To comprehensively deal with any bad smell from your loo you can also spray it with an excellent air freshener after every time you make use of it. This will go a long way in lending it a delightful and wholesome aroma that will always infuse it and ultimately make you to be the envy of your guests.
– Finally, your homeâ€™s distinct plumbing system or even source of water can also be some of the major culprits when a bad smell just will not leave your loo, despite all the attention you pay to it. Should this be the case with your predicament you should not lose hope yet.
– You can make use of a good neutralizer that you can place in the tank of your toilet to get rid of such odours. There are even some that you can insert beneath the bowl and every time you flush, the water passes over it.
– Should this not remove the bad odour, the only other solution that may be open for you is to enlist the services of a skilled and professional plumber to overhaul the obsolete fixtures of your plumbing system.